Durban Docks circa 1887.
Extremity of Point Wharf showing original Wharf Shed A erected in 1881 (with curved roof) and the Sheers erected at the end of the main wharf, the total length of which, at this period, did not exceed 1500 feet. In the left foreground is a craft known as the Anchor Boat used for laying moorings about the Bay. The funnel of one of the paddle tugs (probably Forerunner) can be seen in front of the ship in full sail. To the right of A Shed is the Customs House.
For an extension of the view to the right, see molegenealogy.blogspot.co.za/2016/06/port-office-point-durban.html